First Aid Training
Previously known as 'apply first aid' or 'senior first aid', this training course will give you the skills and knowledge required to provide First Aid until the arrival of medical assistance. First aid training equips participants with the knowledge to make a difference when accidents happen and in emergency situations. This means you will be able to think clearly and make educated decisions while waiting for medical assistance to arrive. This first aid course covers the outcomes required to recognise and respond to an emergency using basic life support measures.
This First Aid training course is suitable for anyone requiring a first aid certificate and for anyone who is required to, or who may be required to give first aid in their workplace.
- Basic principles and concepts underlying the practice of first aid.
- Procedures for dealing with major and minor injury and illness.
- Priorities of management in first aid when dealing with life threatening conditions.
- Basic health and safety requirements in the provision of first aid.
- Infection control principles and procedures, including use of standard precautions.
- Chain of survival.
- First Aiders' skills and limitations .
- Understanding of the use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED), including when to use and when not to use one.
- Course Code: HLTAID003-Provide First Aid AND HLTAID001-Provide CPR
- Delivery Options: This course can be delivered in your workplace
- Certification: Successful participants receive a Statement of Attainment
- Prerequisites: There are no prerequisites or assumed knowledge
- Course Duration: 1 day + Prework / 2 Days without Prework
- All students are required to competently complete practical demonstrations
and must complete the theory assessment paper.
- Students must wear comfortable clothing and be able to kneel over a casualty.
- Student Handbook and FAQs.
This logo is a distinguishable mark of quality for promoting and certifying education and training leading to Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) qualifications or Statements of Attainment.