NSW HSR Training Requirements
The law says that a Health and Safety Representative (HSR) is entitled to attend:
- a 5 day HSR Training Course that is approved by SafeWork NSW, and
- a 1 day HSR Refresher Course each year.
and the course fees and reasonable costs for attending the course must be paid by the PCBU.
The HSR Course:
HSR training provides Health and Safety Representatives with information and skills that will assist them:
- to be effective in the mandatory consultation process between their work group and the PCBU.
- to represent their work group.
- to carry out their role and functions with a view to being a positive influence on health and safety outcomes in their work area.
Our HSR Trainers:
- Easy HR HSR Trainers meet the qualification and experience requirements set out by SafeWork NSW. All our HSR trainers are specialists in consultation training and have extensive industry-based knowledge and skills.
- Our trainers focus on developing skills to resolve health and safety issues in a non-confrontational way that promotes the best safety outcomes for the workplace.
- Safework NSW sets the duration of the HSR course.
The HSR Initial course is 5 days, and the HSR refresher course is 1 day.
- The HSR course cannot be conducted online.
- The NSW HSR course can only be conducted face to face in NSW.
- Particpants must provide Government issued Photo ID before they start the course.
- Particpants on the Refresher course MUST provide the trainer with their ORIGINAL HSR certificate.
- The HSR Training Courses can only be provided by a SafeWork NSW Approved Training Provider.